I’m Ayana, a Vtuber!
Today, I will explain layer trimming and splitting.
To change the length of the layer, you can trim the layer or split it into multiple layers.
I will explain these two methods.
Cutting the unused parts of the layers placed on the timeline is called trimming, and by trimming the layers, we’re doing some simple editing!
- To trim, first open the layer panel. Double-click the layer you want to trim in the timeline panel to open the layer panel.
- The time indicator will be displayed like this and we will operate it to trim.
Drag this indicator and move it to the frame to start trimming.
- Click Set in point to current time button to mark the beginning point for trimming
- Then, the part that precedes the part where the point was set is trimmed and displayed like this.
- Similarly, drag the indicator to the position where you want to finish trimming, click the Set out point to current time button.
- Then, the part after the out point is trimmed and displayed like this.
If you look at the timeline panel, you can see that it is trimmed in the same way as the trimmed layer in the layer panel.
Next, you can change the length by splitting the layers, so I will explain how to split the layers!
- To split layers, click and select the layers you want to split in the timeline panel.
- Drag and move the indicator on the timeline panel to the position where you want to split the layer.
In Edit the menu bar, click Split Layer.
In this way, the layers are split into two on the timeline and displayed like this!
This concludes my explanation on layer trimming and splitting!
How is everyone doing?
Did you understand today’s lecture?
See you again for the next lecture!
See you soon! Bye bye!